Winter in rainy Marmaris with parties
and dinners, plus a trip to the US for Bob.
- Bob loads up on boat stuff from the US while Judi sews
canvas projects and visits a boat show in Istanbul.
- We visit wine country in Scirince and carpet shops in
Marmaris - a little time is spared to apply varnish to
- A bus trip to the Turkish capital, Ankara, fills us
with information and admiration for the founder of
modern Turkey, Mustafa Ataturk.
- In company with Marcus and Debi, we take buses to
Eastern Turkey to the Syrian border and succumb to
'Carpet Mania' in Capadoccia.
- Cruising resumed, we follow the southern coast to
Turkey and cross to the Greek Isles, fetching up in
Mykonos, a fabled spot with snow-white houses with
brilliantly blue roofs.
- Our passage thru Greece continues with stops in
Athens, Santorini, the Corinth Canal, and Levkas.
- On to Italy, where we settle into Vibo Valentia, where
small-town festivals happen every weekend. We stop
cruising for the season.
- We stop for a quick visit to Rome and the Vatican on
our way to England to retrieve our motor-home from
- Bob returns to the US for a funeral and medical issues
put our travel plans on hold.
- Surgery for Bob and a makeover for the motor-home
fills our time - with a little time left to visit the
New Forest, a beautiful part of southern England.
- We head south to Spain and a Christmas visit with
Micael and Ligia, landlubbers since the sale of their
yacht Quest in Marmaris last Spring.